"We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." - Katie Thurmes
Leaders of the Pack
Our photography club will be lead by Craig Horobik with assistance from Mike Benkis. Craig is an adventure photographer that frequents National Parks. Mike is an award-winning professional wildlife photographer. Both teach at Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo.
Be a Member
Individuals must apply to become Heron Haven members prior to gaining access to photography club. You can do so by visiting here.
Photo Club will meet on a monthly basis to better photography skills, participate in fun photo challenges, and create a community of nature photographers. The club is open to all ages, but we ask that children are accompanied by an adult.
Club Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for Heron Haven's September Photography Club meeting on Saturday, September 16th at 9:30AM! The theme this month is flowers! The late summer and early fall blooms have begun, and we want to see what you can spot. If you want a photo or a few showcased during the clubs next meeting, please email them to Craig.
- No pets on or off-leash are permitted.
- The wetland is open to the public from dusk to dawn daily. The gate to the parking lot will be closed at dusk!
- Walk only on designated trails.
- Take only photos, leave only footprints.
- Picking flowers or removing plants is prohibited.
- No fishing, trapping, or netting of fish, or insects is allowed without permission.
- Strollers, walkers, or wheelchairs are permitted. Bicycles, scooters, ATVs, or other wheeled vehicles are prohibited.
- Please do not litter. Heron Haven is a "carry in, carry out" facility.
- We do not offer trash receptacles.
- Smoking and the use of alcohol are prohibited on the premises.
- The quieter you walk, the more wildlife you and others are likely to see.
- No large groups, if the parking lot is full, please come back another time or wait for some people to leave.
Heron Haven is a "carry-in, carry-out" sanctuary. Take only photos, leave only footprints!
By applying, you grant Heron Haven and the Nebraska Environmental Trust a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, transmit, display, annotate, archive, backup, and otherwise use the submission in whole or in part in any media without any limitation for restriction.
Winning photos will be published via newsletters, bulletin boards, kiosks, and on all marketing platforms. If you prefer not to list your name please say so. Other submissions may be utilized for marketing purposes.