Submissions: will be accepted from Monday, November 14th, 2022, through Saturday, January 7th, 2023, at 11:59 PM CST. Winners will be selected on January 9th, 2023.
- $25 gift card to Rockbrook Camera
- Heron Haven T-Shirt
- One-year free membership
- Print & Display photo in the kiosk; winners may keep them after the "run" is over.
Display Photos: Winning photos will be published via Newsletter, placed on bulletin boards and kiosks, and on all marketing platforms. If you prefer not to list your name say so. Otherwise, submissions maybe utilized for marketing.
Questions & Inquires: You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
Disclosure: By applying, you grant Heron Haven and the Nebraska Environmental Trust a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, transmit, display, license, annotate, archive, backup, or otherwise use the Submission in whole or in part in any media without any limitations or restrictions.
Rules & Regulations:
- This is a free contest, and all age groups are welcome to participate.
- Four photo submissions per person, during the duration of this contest.
- Photos must be taken at Heron Haven from November through January.
- You must be the creator of any image you submit.
- Photos may be in color, black and white, or a combination of your choosing.
- Submission must include the date of exposure and your name.
- Photo submissions must be submitted by email email@example.com for review.
- The winner of the photo contest will be chosen by Heron Haven's board members. If there is a tie, the winner will be chosen by Heron Haven's President.
- No pets on or off-leash are permitted.
- The wetland is open to the public from dusk to dawn daily. The gate to the parking lot will be closed at dusk!
- Walk only on designated trails.
- Take only photos, leave only footprints.
- Picking flowers or removing plants is prohibited.
- No fishing, trapping, or netting of fish, or insects is allowed without permission.
- Strollers, walkers, or wheelchairs are permitted. Bicycles, scooters, ATVs, or other wheeled vehicles are prohibited.
- Please do not litter. Heron Haven is a "carry in, carry out" facility.
- We do not offer trash receptacles.
- Smoking and the use of alcohol are prohibited on the premises.
- The quieter you walk, the more wildlife you and others are likely to see.
- No large groups, if the parking lot is full, please come back another time or wait for some people to leave.
Geocashing at Heron Haven
Geocaching is an incredible outdoor recreational activity, in which individuals use a Global Positioning System receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches," at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world.
Hunters can participate in year-round caching at Heron Haven. Click on the links for helpful hints:
- Geocache #1 - Bee Houses
- Geocache #2 - The Butterfly Garden
- Geocache #3 - Trail Head Kiosk
- Geocache #4 - Decaying Log
- Geocache #5 - Black Walnuts
- Geocache #6 - Pond
- Geocache #7 - Boardwalk
- Geocache #8 - End of Boardwalk
- Geocache #9 - Beaver Sign
- Geocache #10 - Bat house
- Geocache #11 - Photo Blind
- Geocache #12 - Caterpillar Garden
- Geocache #13 - Path to Treeless area
- Geocache #14 - Treeless area