REOCCURRING EVENT: Geocaching at Heron Haven
Geocaching is an incredible outdoor recreational activity, in which individuals use a Global Positioning System receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches," at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world.
Hunters can participate in year-round caching at Heron Haven. Click on the links for helpful hints:
- Geocache #1 - Bee Houses
- Geocache #2 - The Butterfly Garden
- Geocache #3 - Trail Head Kiosk
- Geocache #4 - Decaying Log
- Geocache #5 - Black Walnuts
- Geocache #6 - Pond
- Geocache #7 - Boardwalk
- Geocache #8 - End of Boardwalk
- Geocache #9 - Beaver Sign
- Geocache #10 - Bat house
- Geocache #11 - Photo Blind
- Geocache #12 - Caterpillar Garden
- Geocache #13 - Path to Treeless area
- Geocache #14 - Treeless area
Heron Haven Photography Contest (CONCLUDED)
July 15th - August 12th, 2023
Deadline: Online entries can begin on Sunday, July 15th, 2023. Deadline for submitting photos is Sunday August 12nd, 2023 at 11:59 PM - Central time
- This is a free contest, and all age groups are welcome to participate.
- Three (3) photo submissions per person, during the duration of this contest.
- Photos must be taken at Heron Haven during May-August 2023.
- Photos must be of Reptiles, Amphibians, and/or Fish
- You must be the creator of any image you submit.
- Photos may be in color, black and white, or a combination of your choosing.
- Submissions must include date of exposure and your name.
- Photo submissions must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Disclosure: I grant Heron Haven and the Nebraska Environmental Trust a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, transmit, display, license, annotate, archive, backup, or otherwise use the Submission in whole or in part in any media without any limitation or restriction.
- Winners will be announced August 27th, 2023.
- The winner of the photo contest will be the photo with the most votes by the Heron Haven Photo Club. If there is a tie, the winner will be chosen by Heron Haven's President.
- There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
- Winning photos will be displayed in our newsletter, bulletin boards, and on the website.
- Prizes: 1. Gift card 2. HH T-shirt 3. HH membership